Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with UTF-8 in BRAINscript

Lavastorm Employee

Just checking - did this work for you?

Hey Tim,

I was reading some unicode data i have in chinese. I am augmenting some other data & need to export 1 field with "chinese" characters and the rest in normal ASCII but the output needs to be a "|" delimited txt file. Do you think it would be a posibility. I tried but it is outputting the "chinese" data comes out as \uXXXX.

thanks,

Hi

I am having issues with writing UTF-8 data to Excel similar to what is discussed in this thread. When I try to click on the link Tim provides I get a message that I do not have permission to access the page. Can I get this node or any infomration as to how to export non-ascii data to Excel.

Thank you
    Don

Lavastorm Employee

Hi,

I believe you need to request access to the Lavastorm Labs section of the forum via the Group Membership section of the Control Panel.

Tim.

Hi,

I would need your help in handling the UTF-8 data which comes from the DB in LAE 6.1.4. I have used the DB node to fetch the records which is having the 香港商 data in one of the column and I could see the correct value in the data viewer. But when I try to write the records into the CSV file (Pipe delimiter), it's not showing the correct values instead the junk values (\u5409\u4f51\u6709\) are populated in the CSV file.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
    Ar

This is a custom node (not supported, not part of the package) but works well for writing out UTF8 values to a delimited file. Try replacing the current Delimited output node you have with this one.

UTF8-DelimitedOutput.brg

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by gmullin View Post
    This is a custom node (not supported, not part of the package) but works well for writing out UTF8 values to a delimited file. Try replacing the current Delimited output node you have with this one.

UTF8-DelimitedOutput.brg
    Thank you very much, Mullin !! It's working as expected.

Hi,

I'm trying to read the excel file which is having the chinese character in the column name due to which I couldn't read the file.

ERROR: Input length = 1

ERROR: Error occurred while attempting to open output (0) : "out1 cause: Error occurred writing metadata for field (1), name: ????, type: class com.lavastorm.lang.UnicodeString.
    "
    Error Code: brain.node.errorOpeningOutput

Can you please help me to read the data from the excel where it contains the column name as chinese character ?

Do you have the DefaultType (Optional tab) set to Unicode?