Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ERP node helper library

Lavastorm Employee

Hey,
    I believe this should work correctoy so long as you have the required sap Jco jar and dll installed on your 5.0 instance.

Tim

Lavastorm Employee

Quote Originally Posted by aop View Post
    Hi,

I'm experiencing a weird issue with option parameter in extract ERP table node.

I'm extracting table EBEW for selected plants (BWKEY field). I can trigger the issue in multiple SAP environments in multiple tables but most of times I don't run into this issue.

Setting the option as literal:
    1) BWKEY = 'AAA' OR BWKEY = 'BBB' -> works ok
    2) BWKEY = 'BBB' OR BWKEY = 'AAA' -> works ok (just like the first onel but reversed plant order)
    3) BWKEY = 'AAA' -> works ok
    4) BWKEY = 'BBB' -> works ok
    -> I have no issues at all when using literal mode for table options

Setting the option as field (option type: Field, field name: Options) :

Options:unicode
    BWKEY = 'AAA'
    BWKEY = 'BBB'
    -> works ok

Options:unicode
    BWKEY = 'BBB'
    BWKEY = 'AAA'
    ->this order does not work in my scenario so theres a difference whether AAA or BBB comes first in the static data node containing the options.

As I don't have any issues at all with literal options with exactly the same option setup there shouldn't be a chance the issue could be on the SAP side (data related issue/connection related issue) but that the issue must be in the where clause generation when using Field as option type in the node. Is there a way to see the final where clause that is generated by the node/sent to the SAP from the logs?

I've updated the attached BRG on the first post to resolve this issue.
    Thanks for pointing out the problem and providing very useful information to identify the root cause.
    Sorry for taking so long to get the fix together.
    In any case, for others, the problem was that when processing the OPTIONS clause from the node input, if the first record in the input specified an OPTIONS clause which resulted in no data being extract from SAP, the node would then hang when trying to write subsequent records.
    The new attached graph should resolve the problem.

Tim.

Hi Tim,

would it be possible to update this node to run in the later versions of LAE? currently running 6.0 and there are compile errors with the java.
    thanks for the help,

regards
    Douglas

Lavastorm Employee

Hi Douglas,

I've updated the library attached to the first post in the thread.
    As mentioned in the notes on that post, the erpAcquisitionHelpers.brg library is compatible with versions of LAL released against LAE 5.1-6.0 (and should work with later releases on the 6.x branch).
    I have left the previously attached version (worked with LAL 2.19) on the original post but renamed this to erpAcquisitionHelpers_2_19.brg.

Regards,
    Tim.

Lavastorm Employee

NOTE:
    The library attached to the first post in the thread had been updated again.

As mentioned in the notes on that post, the erpAcquisitionHelpers.brg library has been verified to work against LAE-6.1.3 (it should also work with other LAE-6.1.x versions).
    Older versions of the library have been left attached but renamed to indicate against which versions they are compatible.

Regards,
    Tim.

Hi!

Is there any plans for supporting next generation S/4 HANA SAP systems with the ERP nodes or would it even work out of the box?

Lavastorm Employee

Hi,
    there are no immediate plans to provide new nodes to interface with SAP S4/HANA however, this could be considered as a roadmap candidate subject to sufficient market demand.

Integration in this case would leverage S4/HANA published APIs for the relevant platform (premise/ cloud) e.g. as described here https://api.sap.com/

Regards,
    Adrian