Thread: HTTP Node GET a file from www.box.com

Default HTTP Node GET a file from www.box.com

Our company uses Box.com for file exchange.

I have used the HTTP node to successfully retrieve files with a public status.

However I cannot access company-wide files even with authentication credentials, because the URL redirects to a page that requires a verification that one is an employee. A click of a button is required before redirection to the authentication page.

Consequently the HTTP node is downloading the verification page, and not getting to perform authorisation.

How can I get the node to simulate a preauthentication click of the button?

Simon

Hi Simon,

So it seems that this is a permissions issue with your files and that box requires a second level of authentication. I have not used this API, but I would assume that it works similar to others that use OAuth. I would expect that authentication for these files will be a two step process.

Check out the link below for more information on how box.com implements their API.

https://developers.box.com/oauth/

Laryy

Unfortunately accessing an API is well beyond my current knowledge.

In simple terms I have a URL that represents a shared link to a file on box.

I simply want to access that URL.

The fact that I am redirected to an okta sso account is the frustration.

I simply do not know how to authenticate using Lavastorm, retain the authenticated status, and then access the file I want.

Do you have an example of something like this?

Simon

Larry

With some help I now have an OAUTH2.0 process for retaining and processing tokens to allow authenticated proxy access to Box.

2 issues now remain.

1 Retrieving a file produces the contents of that file on an output pin, just as an Input Raw would - but without writing the file to disc there seems no way to send this stream into another acquisition node - they all read from a file. I do not want to create a file on disc if I can help it - otherwise I may as well have used FTP - but fundamentally there is no easy way for a Lavastorm process to clean up the disc or perform file management. Where are the acquisition nodes that will read from a field rather than a file?

2 Writing back to Box, there seems to be no guidance on building a valid POST multipart form or the correct encoding and content-type. It is like finding a needle to know which permutation is going to work for the HTTP node and the recipient server.

Some examples are crucial

Simon

Default Can someone post some examples of box authentication and retrieving a file from box?

Quote Originally Posted by sdb View Post
    Larry

With some help I now have an OAUTH2.0 process for retaining and processing tokens to allow authenticated proxy access to Box.

2 issues now remain.

1 Retrieving a file produces the contents of that file on an output pin, just as an Input Raw would - but without writing the file to disc there seems no way to send this stream into another acquisition node - they all read from a file. I do not want to create a file on disc if I can help it - otherwise I may as well have used FTP - but fundamentally there is no easy way for a Lavastorm process to clean up the disc or perform file management. Where are the acquisition nodes that will read from a field rather than a file?

2 Writing back to Box, there seems to be no guidance on building a valid POST multipart form or the correct encoding and content-type. It is like finding a needle to know which permutation is going to work for the HTTP node and the recipient server.

Some examples are crucial

Simon

Can someone post some examples of box authentication and retrieving a file from box?

Will someone please post their method for getting this box authentication with oauth2?