Thread: 64-bit LAE?

Contributor

Question 64-bit LAE?

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and a 32-bit version of LAE 5.0.0.1.

When I use the stock standard ODBC driver that comes with Windows, I am able to create new connections and query them using the BRE.

Now I need to query our web server's data which is running on a MySQL DB, so I installed my relevant architecture driver which is 64-bit, and connected just fine. To double check the connection test is telling the truth, I was able to query a DB just fine.

However, on BRE, I get an error on my DB Query node stating that I have a "Architecture Mismatch" which makes total sense; if I want to query a 64-bit driver, I need a 64-bit LAE.

So, is there a 64-bit version of the LAE? I only see a 32-bit option for the download.

Thanks

PS: Just in case you wonder: a 32-bit ODBC driver for MySQL installation on my 64-bit Windows does not show up on my list of possible new connections.

Lavastorm Employee

Hi,

You'll need to download and install the 32 bit ODBC driver to be able for the LAE to use this on windows.
    There is currently no 64 bit LAE desktop installer available, on windows, only a 32 bit version of the LAE is currently provided.

However, you can find the relevant 32 bit MySQL ODBC drivers available for download here: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

Tim.

Contributor

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply, but 32-bit drivers will not work on the 64-bit Windows installation. When I install them, they do not show up in the 'New Connection' list, I tried installing it in various ways and the architecture of the driver must match the OS'es.

Thanks

Lavastorm Employee

I think I've seen this issue somewhere before. The 64 bit ODBC administrator does not show the 32-bit drivers. But you can run the 32-bit version of the ODBC administrator and configure them. Microsoft says something about this here: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/942976# Using that information, on my computer the 32-bit version of the ODBC administrator is located here: C:\Windows\System32\odbcad32.exe