Thread: Using Zip Extract node for a password protect file?

Lavastorm Employee

Default Using Zip Extract node for a password protect file?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to amend the Zip Extract node such that I can use it to unzip a file that is password protected?
    For example, amend line 74 of the BRX to read: outfile.write(zip.read(name,pwd="My Password"))

The password in this case is a known string value.

Thanks

Michelle

Lavastorm Employee

Hi,

In which library is the Zip Extract node that you are referring to?
    I can't find this node anywhere in the libraries that are provided with the LAE, so I'm guessing that this is a custom node that has been developed.
    If this was developed by someone in Lavastorm's Professional Services organisation you should get in touch with your local Lavastorm representative to find out what to do with that node.
    In any case, changes should be made to the BRG where the node resides, and not the the generated BRX.
    The BRX is basically a compiled version of the BRG, and modifying the BRX directly will likely result in problems later on.

Regards,
    Tim.

Contributor

Michelle, this node is found in a prototype library located in our Lavastorm Labs forum section, which has limited access. You will want to join the Lab Experimenter group (Thereby acknowledging that these nodes provided are as, is with limited support), you can request via the Group Membership section of the Control Panel). For the nodes found and released there, a thread has been created for each node, and that would be the best place to post questions about the specific node.

Cheers
    Rich

Lavastorm Employee

Thanks Tim & Rich.