Thread: Node Training: Session 4

Contributor

Default Node Training: Session 4

For more information, please see the Node Training Overview.

Session 4

Nodes:
    Output Fixed, Send Mail, Python Filter, Replace Text Rules, Agg Ex

As always, I look forward to talking with you.

Cheers
    Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rboccuzzi; 09-23-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Contributor

As planned, we had two glorious sessions where we covered exactly the nodes we set out to cover. Additionally, there was a democratic process sprung on the participants (surprise! ), who now anxiously await the results. Who will win? What comes next? Muahahaha. Stay tuned.

Cheers
    Rich

Contributor

Default The votes are in!

Well, in honor of election day here in the states, I have tallied all the votes, and and it was very close...the results are:

Group 2 (definitive winner)
    Group 3
    Group 1

3 and 1 were very close. One vote could have swayed it...

Cheers
    Rich

Default Charting.brg File Is Missing

Hello.

I downloaded your “Training Session 4.zip” file, but when I try to open the “Training Examples.brg” file, an error dialog comes up stating, “Can’t find base library “charting.” It seems to be missing the “charting.brg” file.

Can you please send me or tell me where I can locate the missing file?

Have a great day.

Take care,
    Darwin

Lavastorm Employee

You should just be able to ignore the messages about being unable to load the charting library.

The charting library was an old experimental library which was used prior to the introduction of the inFlow library in LAE 4.5.0.

None of the nodes in this graph (or in the session 2 graph) seem to actually require any charting nodes, it is just a referenced base library that should have been removed at some point.

Rich - you might want to remove the charting base library reference & edit your post on this thread to upload the updated graph.

Also, it might be worth mentioning that the Excel File node used in these examples was the pre-4.5.2 version. In LAE 4.5.2 a new Excel File node was introduced. This node is fully supported, and not experimental as was the case with the Excel File node prior to LAE 4.5.2.

The current examples in this training session run successfully with the new Excel File node (and I believe are doing what the exercise was originally intended).

However there are numerous new features in the Excel File node released with LAE 4.5.2 which should probably be covered in a training session at some time.

Tim.

Contributor

Actually, there was an example of a chart in the HTML node...I have just updated the attachment in the first post so it uses the new inFlow library, so it now requires LAE 4.5 or higher. If you don't have that, it will warn on load, but you can ignore it; you will just get an error on one small part of the HTML node example that you can ignore.

Thanks for the lesson!

Do you have a full description of node parameters which can be used in Python Filter node?
    You use there:
    self.logMedium
    self.now
    self.inputMetadata

Do you have a complete list with description?

Contributor

Anything else that is available is really from the Python node, and you should look at that node/help and examples of that node. The only real difference between a Python node and the Python Filter is the introduction of the handleRecord function to make input/output a little simpler, and the self.inputMetadata, to take care of the intersection/union/exact handling of multiple inputs, if desired. So there isn't really anything else to the Python Filter node.

Cheers
    Rich