Thread: Import Compressed Archives

Contributor

Question Import Compressed Archives

Hello,

We have a large amount of zip files containing JSON files that I need to import into BRE. I have a working Directory List node feeding a JSON node.

I have been reading this post from 2011, and was wondering if there is a better way of decompressing files automatically into BRE?

Thanks,
    Pablo

Lavastorm Employee

Hi Pablo - The attached graph has an example of a Python node I have that will unzip a set of files passed in from a DirectoryList. I haven't used or tested this a lot, but in limited testing it does work for me. In order to use the node, you need to pass in the path and filename in two different parameters, which is shown in the attachment. There's probably a more elegant way to implement this....

Anyhow, let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Luke
    Unzip Example.brg
    Last edited by lnason; 10-10-2014 at 04:31 PM.

I am just having issues with the file location as is not finding the zip file, does the zip file need to be in a specific place?

Thanks in advance

Lavastorm Employee

Yes - Depending on how you are using the node it needs to be in:

For a Single File: It needs to be in the directory that is populated in the "DirectoryName" parameter
    For Multiple Files: It needs to be in the directory specified in the input column name that you populate in the DirectoryNameExpr parameter

If you want to send along a little more information about how you have the node configured and the directory where it currently it resides on your server, I may be able to provide some more useful guidance.