Thread: Validation error when using con#username in Execute BRX node

Default Validation error when using con#username in Execute BRX node

According to Lavastorm help for Execute BRX node: "May use {{^con#username^}} to get the current username in BRE."

However, when I'm trying that, my Connection tab shows a red cross and both Username and Password are highlighted in red. What could go wrong and cause this validation issue? Anyone else encountered something like that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Any ideas Lavastorm gurus? We are still having this problem.
    Thanks

What version are you seeing this on?
    I have used that for years with no issue, and I just tried it in 6.1.1 and it worked.
    About the only thing that would "break" it is if you are not connected to the server, but in that case, you couldn't be editing the node.

We're on 5.1.
    The validation passes (i.e. the parameter names go black and tab is ticked) as soon as we put any other value in. Even just adding a space at the end - though this then obviously fails with an authentication (status 5) error at runtime. From an empty input box, the validation fail is triggered upon the third character i.e. {{^

I would add also that we have had this working previously - unchanged as far as we're aware - though obviously something has.
    Last edited by SteveTaylor; 05-05-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Contributor

Any updates for this issue ? We are facing this issue now. It was running fine for long time. but suddenly we are facing issues as steve mentioned below.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveTaylor View Post
    We're on 5.1.
    The validation passes (i.e. the parameter names go black and tab is ticked) as soon as we put any other value in. Even just adding a space at the end - though this then obviously fails with an authentication (status 5) error at runtime. From an empty input box, the validation fail is triggered upon the third character i.e. {{^

I would add also that we have had this working previously - unchanged as far as we're aware - though obviously something has.

Runtime Error 5 means that the username or password has changed.

The text of the parameter turning black is not "validation". It only means that the text of the parameter has changed and is no longer the default value.
    What Steve was doing, adding a blank at the end would setup an incorrect password.

There are a number of things that could contribute to this.. we'd have to know more about your specific context.

ExecuteBRX is setup in your "parent" graph, and it causes a "child" graph to run one or more times.
    Is the Parent or the Child getting the RC=5 ? If it's the parent, then {{^con:username^}} is not the problem.

The batch controller requires a username and password to start any graph.
    That user/password is usually supplied thru the script that starts the controller.
    Did someone change that password or remove that user? That would be the reason for the RC=5