Thread: How does "Save as Executable" work?

Default How does "Save as Executable" work?

I see this option in the File menu but not sure how to use either BRX or LXA files. Is there documentation on this?

You need to save a graph you have worked on as LXA if you want to import it into Explorer (v6) or schedule it via Logistics Manager (v5+). Have a look at the document LAE Administration Guide.pdf. The document comes with the install of BRE, you should find it in the directory <LAE Installation Directory>\docs. Starting at page 8 you'll see Logistics Manager discussed and how to schedule graphs. Lavastorm explorer is mentioned too.

Lavastorm Employee

Just adding that the BRX file can be executed by the Execute BRX node.

Okay. I was hoping something that would let me save a standalone EXE file that would execute the contents of my BRG.

Is it possible to run lavastorm from commandline to do this?

I don't have Server edition or whatever it's called, just my own workstation. I'd like to be able to automate / schedule the running of certain processes.

No, it does not produce an EXE. To run a graph repetitively, you need the LAE server task (already running on your port 7721) and you need a license that allows you to run the "Controller" process.

LAE is a true client-server system. The client is BRE (the editor) and the server is the LAE task running in the background.

In 'interactive mode', you use BRE to read a BRG and send nodes over to the LAE server for execution.
    In 'batch mode', you produce a BRX, and the invoke the Controller which reads the BRX and sends requests to the LAE server.

In either case, the nodes are executed in the same manner by the server - the output result is the same.

Our licensing (pricing) for the desktop doesn't include scheduled runs.. Would you like for one of our salespeople to contact you to review your options?

Sure - my guess is it will be prohibitively expensive though. I bet I could automate this with Autohotkey.

I'd like to be able to automate / schedule the running of certain processes.
    Last edited by online; 01-23-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Are you using the server version? If so have a look at LAE Administration Guide.pdf (page 40).

BRX file can be executed by the Execute BRX node.