Thread: LAE Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.fileCloseError

Default LAE Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.fileCloseError

This post has been created for discussion of error code brain.nodes.fileStore.fileCloseError.

Please reply to this thread with any description of error conditions, diagnostic information, and recommended resolutions.

Hello,

I am trying to use the new FTP Get node with the latest Lavastorm version 6.1.4 and the lal 6.1.48.0.19 and whilst the old prototype GET node works the new one does not and i get a Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.fileCloseError.
    I have tried multiple changes to the parameters with no joy and i have turned on the Debug log level which gives me the below.
    Does anyone have any pointers as i assume i am missing something obvious and the XX characters hide the ip address and password

DEBUG: 200 Port command received

DEBUG: RETR Centerview/SORTSERV_882_2017_08_17_23_00_41_13M.CSV

DEBUG: 150 Opening data connection

INFO: Unable to set the last modified date on '/home/brain/stanforddrive/MI/SortServ_Reports/NewReports/SORTSERV_882_2017_08_17_23_00_41_13M.CSV'.
    Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.modifiedDateSetError

DEBUG: 426 File transfer failed

INFO: Error closing 'lavaftp://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Centerview/SORTSERV_882_2017_08_17_23_00_41_13M.CSV': Could not close the input stream for file "lavaftp://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Centerview/SORTSERV_882_2017_08_17_23_00_41_13M.CSV"..
    Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.fileCloseError

ERROR: Error closing 'lavaftp://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Centerview/SORTSERV_882_2017_08_17_23_00_41_13M.CSV': Could not close the input stream for file "lavaftp://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Centerview/SORTSERV_882_2017_08_17_23_00_41_13M.CSV"..

ERROR: The specified recoverable error threshold of 1 has been exceeded.
    Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.errorThresholdExceeded

Regards,

Keith

Hello, Can someone from Lavastorm please have a look at this question please as otherwise i am going to have to use the old nodes as i cannot get any of the new ftp get and put nodes to work

That sounds like you may not have full permissions on the folder you are trying to write the data into, and/or the target file already exists but you don't have full rights to it.

HI Stoney,

The user does have full permissions as i can use it with other clients and the original prototype nodes.
    It is only these new nodes in version 6 that are causing this error, the below is the full debug log for this node trying to connect to an ftp server that the old nodes connect and transfer files to.
    DEBUG: Node class = com.lavastorm.brain.nodes.fileStore.apache.vfs2.Ft pPut_
    DEBUG: Done processing java properties
    DEBUG: Initializing CleanOutputs with ls.brain.node.java.brdCleanup
    DEBUG: Initialized CleanOutputs withfalse
    DEBUG: : Sending output message for uploaded files
    DEBUG: : Sending output message for errors
    DEBUG: finish open took 0 called 0 times
    DEBUG: Creating node
    DEBUG: Node created. Duration: (20)
    DEBUG: Setting up node
    DEBUG: Node setup. Duration (64).
    DEBUG: Running node
    DEBUG: URI is: lavaftp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
    DEBUG: 220-Welcome to Talk Talk Business FTP Server.
    220 All connections to this server are logged and recorded.
    DEBUG: USER centerview
    DEBUG: 331 User centerview, password please
    DEBUG: PASS ***
    DEBUG: 230 Password Ok, User logged in
    DEBUG: TYPE I
    DEBUG: 200 Type Binary
    DEBUG: CWD /
    DEBUG: 250 Change directory ok
    DEBUG: Root URI for cached file system is: lavaftp://*****************************/ Requested path is: /Centerview
    DEBUG: SYST
    DEBUG: 215 UNIX Type: L8
    DEBUG: PORT 10,179,24,10,131,68
    DEBUG: LIST
    DEBUG: 226 Transfer complete
    DEBUG: PORT 10,179,24,10,154,240
    DEBUG: STOR Centerview
    INFO: Error copying the contents of file '/home/brain/stanforddrive/Billing/Report_Exports/Roscom_CDR_2017-10-10_Calls.csv' to '/Centerview': Broken pipe.
    Error Code: brain.nodes.fileStore.fileCopyError
    DEBUG: 426 File transfer failed
    DEBUG: PORT 10,179,24,10,152,244
    DEBUG: LIST
    DEBUG: 226 Transfer complete
    INFO: Error closing 'lavaftp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Could not close the output stream for file "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"..
    ERROR: Error closing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx: Could not close the output stream for file XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"..

Regards,

Keith

The LAE application runs under an "application account".
    1) Does that user have permission to write into the folder /home/brain/stanforddrive/Billing/Report_Exports/ ?
    2) Can that user write the file Roscom_CDR_2017-10-10_Calls.csv ?
    3) Especially if that file is shared on a Windows network, does some user have the file open in Windows?

My suggestion is to log into the LAE machine (as the LAE application account), and then from a command line type this in:

Code:
    echo Test >/home/brain/stanforddrive/Billing/Report_Exports/Roscom_CDR_2017-10-10_Calls.csv
    That command will remove LAE from the mix and will allow you to test whether there are permission errors.

Note: if this is an intermittent problem, you may want to try the command several (many) times in a row.