Thread: A SAX parsing error occurred while reading null at line....

Angry A SAX parsing error occurred while reading null at line....

Hi community,

Am gettings this error when I try lodaing data into a staging table. This graph is automated and has been running ok for a while, the issue started happening today.
    I suspect a data format issue, but when I inspect the line mentioned and the column I see no issue and only a value of "False".
    Note to mention that partial data loading works fine. (i.e: if I load the first 1135 records it doesnot error)

Error loading log for node: Upload to STG Table
    Log file: 1630Upload_to_STG_Table.log

A SAX parsing error occurred while reading null at line 1,135 column 73: Unable to add tag (logEvent) to tag (record).

At Line 1135, Column 73.

Stack Trace:
    com.lavastorm.logging.format.xml.XmlSaxLogReader.p lay(XmlSaxLogReader.java:78))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadLog( LogViewer.java:207))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadNode Logs(LogViewer.java:493))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadLogs FromConfig(LogViewer.java:245))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadLogs FromConfig(LogViewer.java:213))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.main(Log Viewer.java:653))
    Caused by: Unable to add tag (logEvent) to tag (record).

At Line 1135, Column 73.

Stack Trace:
    com.lavastorm.logging.format.xml.SAXParseException Generator.illegalTagException(SAXParseExceptionGen erator.java:111))
    com.lavastorm.logging.format.xml.XmlLogElement.ill egalTagException(XmlLogElement.java:29))
    com.lavastorm.logging.format.xml.v1.XmlLogRecordDe tailV1.add(XmlLogRecordDetailV1.java:72))
    com.lavastorm.logging.format.xml.XmlSaxHandler.sta rtElement(XmlSaxHandler.java:121))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.Abstrac tSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509 ))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.xs.XMLSche maValidator.startElement(XMLSchemaValidator.java:7 49))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentF ragmentScannerImpl.java:1362))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XM LDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2770))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606) )
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumen tFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragm entScannerImpl.java:510))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Co nfiguration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Co nfiguration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLPars er.parse(XMLParser.java:141))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.Abstrac tSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213))
    com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserI mpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:649))
    com.lavastorm.logging.format.xml.XmlSaxLogReader.p lay(XmlSaxLogReader.java:70))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadLog( LogViewer.java:207))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadNode Logs(LogViewer.java:493))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadLogs FromConfig(LogViewer.java:245))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.loadLogs FromConfig(LogViewer.java:213))
    com.lavastorm.logging.logViewer.LogViewer.main(Log Viewer.java:653))

Were you able to resolve this? I believe I saw this before when there's a character the default code pages of 1252 cannot resolve. In your <LAE Install Dir>/conf/site.prop file you can try adding this value (value for Central Europe characters which has commonly resolved this for me):

ls.brain.characterSet=windows-1250

You might want to play around with the value windows-1250, windows-1252 (Western Europe), windows-1253 (Greek characters), are some I've commonly tried out, until you get the right one.