Thread: ODBC w/Solaris

Contributor

Default ODBC w/Solaris

We have several BRAIN graphs running on the Lavastorm Desktop Professional (Windows based) server that needs to be scheduled. I understand that graphs cannot be "productionized" on the Desktop Professional. So it looks like we need to move these graphs to run under Solaris.

Are there any examples of customers using ODBC on a Solaris box? I understand JDBC is probably the normal way of connecting. But many of our data sources currently can only connect via ODBC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dwong80 View Post
    Are there any examples of customers using ODBC on a Solaris box? I understand JDBC is probably the normal way of connecting. But many of our data sources currently can only connect via ODBC.
    Hi there, while we do not use Solaris we do run numerous graphs using ODBC on Linux systems connecting to a iSeries system.

To get ODBC working all you need to do is make sure you have the required ODBC drivers installed on your system, update the odbc.ini with your datasource information and LAE should be able to work with it.

If you have any specific questions about getting ODBC to work with LAE i'll be more than happy to help out.

Contributor

I finally found a resource which helps me convert the ODBC nodes into JDBC ones:

http://www.instantolap.com/howtos/jdbc-drivers