Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: JDBC Connection error to MS SQL via sqljdbc4.jar

  1. #1
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    48

    Default JDBC Connection error to MS SQL via sqljdbc4.jar

    I recently upgraded from LAE 4.1.9 to LAE 4.5.4 (Sun Solaris). When i attempt to connect to the same MS SQL datasource, I now get the following error message:

    unable to connect: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "RSA premaster secret error


    Has anybody seen this before or have a fix for it? Here are my parameters:

    • com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
    • jdbc:sqlserver://<hostname>:<port>;database=<databasename>

  2. #2
    Lavastorm Employee
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cologne
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Hi,

    What MS SQL Server driver & driver version are you using?
    Did you change the version of your driver between LAE 4.1.9 and LAE 4.5.4?
    What SQL Server version are you using?
    Is that the complete error log you are seeing on the node?

    Tim.

  3. #3
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Hi,

    Was there any resolution to this. I am having issues on Microsoft SQL Server connecting to a Navision back end.

    I get the following error:
    unable to connect: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "RSA premaster secret error".

    Node reported the following messages to stderr:
    Sep 24, 2012 1:02:21 PM com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel enableSSLINFO: java.security path: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/lib/securitySecurity providers: [SUN version 1.6, SunRsaSign version 1.7, SunJSSE version 1.6, SunJGSS version 1.0, SunSASL version 1.5, XMLDSig version 1.0, SunPCSC version 1.6]SSLContext provider info: Sun JSSE provider(PKCS12, SunX509 key/trust factories, SSLv3, TLSv1)SSLContext provider services:[SunJSSE: KeyFactory.RSA -> sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyFactory aliases: [1.2.840.113549.1.1, OID.1.2.840.113549.1.1], SunJSSE: KeyPairGenerator.RSA -> sun.security.rsa.RSAKeyPairGenerator aliases: [1.2.840.113549.1.1, OID.1.2.840.113549.1.1], SunJSSE: Signature.MD2withRSA -> sun.security.rsa.RSASignature$MD2withRSA aliases: [1.2.840.113549.1.1.2, OID.1.2.840.113549.1.1.2], SunJSSE: Signature.MD5withRSA -> sun.security.rsa.RSASignature$MD5withRSA aliases: [1.2.840.113549.1.1.4, OID.1.2.840.113549.1.1.4], SunJSSE: Signature.SHA1withRSA -> sun.security.rsa.RSASignature$SHA1withRSA aliases: [1.2.840.113549.1.1.5, OID.1.2.840.113549.1.1.5, 1.3.14.3.2.29, OID.1.3.14.3.2.29], SunJSSE: Signature.MD5andSHA1withRSA -> sun.security.ssl.RSASignature, SunJSSE: KeyManagerFactory.SunX509 -> sun.security.ssl.KeyManagerFactoryImpl$SunX509, SunJSSE: KeyManagerFactory.NewSunX509 -> sun.security.ssl.KeyManagerFactoryImpl$X509, SunJSSE: TrustManagerFactory.SunX509 -> sun.security.ssl.TrustManagerFactoryImpl$SimpleFac tory, SunJSSE: TrustManagerFactory.PKIX -> sun.security.ssl.TrustManagerFactoryImpl$PKIXFacto ry aliases: [SunPKIX, X509, X.509], SunJSSE: SSLContext.SSL -> sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl, SunJSSE: SSLContext.SSLv3 -> sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl, SunJSSE: SSLContext.TLS -> sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl, SunJSSE: SSLContext.TLSv1 -> sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl, SunJSSE: SSLContext.Default -> sun.security.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl, SunJSSE: KeyStore.PKCS12 -> sun.security.pkcs12.PKCS12KeyStore]java.ext.dirs: /opt/software/lae/4.5.4/lib/java/ext

  4. #4
    Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Hi All,

    After working with Bob from Support I managed to get this fixed and wanted to give you an update on what I did.

    1. We were using the OpenJDK. So I installed Sun 1.7 JDK (Note: Sun JDK 1.6 is only official support and relevant update revisions)
    2. Update .profile.lavastorm file in the $LAE_HOME folder from the /usr/bin folder for Java to the location of the JDK. e.g. /usr/local/java/jdk1.7.0/
    3. Run the source .profile.lavastorm command

    The problem went away.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •