Thread: FTP get node error

Default FTP get node error

Hi All,

I am using the FTP get node (from prototype lib) to fetch some files from an ftp server.

Attached are the two screen shots,
    - One node was successful (where the remote directory was "/") but returned no results; indicating that there was no authentication issues.
    - Other node failed (where the remote directory was "/rdf") with following error even when the directory exists and files exist under that directory

Got Python exception

Installing log (09/11/2012 16:39:26) ...
    2012-09-11 16:39:26; Level: 3; Type: 0; Desc: "FTP ERROR: 550 /rdf: The system cannot find the file specified. "; File: "ls.brain.node.brainpython.python2implementationfi le"; Line: 48; Context: "pump( ) - Exception"

Can you please tell me what is wrong?

Cheers
    Anshul
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by alyon; 09-11-2012 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Attachment

Hi Anshul,
    I have had issues before with a similar issue not relating to Lavastorm where the permissions structure of the sub folder is different from the parent in relation to ftp.
    Now i am not saying that this is the solution but it may be worth checking as the ftp permission structure can be a bit of a problem.
    Regards,
    Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by khopkins View Post
    Hi Anshul,
    I have had issues before with a similar issue not relating to Lavastorm where the permissions structure of the sub folder is different from the parent in relation to ftp.
    Now i am not saying that this is the solution but it may be worth checking as the ftp permission structure can be a bit of a problem.
    Regards,
    Keith.
    Hi Keith, Thanks for your response.
    But I can download the sub-folder files normally using regular FTP download (not via Lavastorm). If permissions were the issue, I would not be able to download the subfolder files any other way.

Any other thoughts?

Regards
    Anshul

Contributor

Anshul, I'm not sure, but I have a hunch. If it didn't have access to the /rdf folder, you would get an error that it couldn't change directory. I am guessing that there is A file or subset of files that you can't get to for a number of possible reasons, and since your pattern is *, you are trying to get EVERYTHING in that directory. Can you try this? On the command line or other ftp tool, can you go and get a single file from the rdf folder, and then get that exact same file using the node (change pattern to only match it). I suspect that will work. If so, you will have to narrow down, it seems like there is a file or subdirectory that is causing the issue.

If this ends up being a node issue, please remember this node is found in the prototype library located in our Lavastorm Labs forum section, which has limited access. If you don't have access, you will want to join the Lab Experimenter group (Thereby acknowledging that these nodes provided are as, is with limited support), you can request via the Group Membership section of the Control Panel). For the nodes found and released there, a thread has been created for each node, and that would be the best place to post questions or issues and suggestions about the specific node.

Cheers
    Rich